ALLES CNC has heard from customers more than once that the abnormal blade of the blade and the knife are the most troublesome problems of the CNC machining center tool, which will bring a series of problems such as increased processing cost, scrapped or reworked workpieces, and low processing efficiency. Especially for expensive blades, chipping/crushing can cause a lot of waste, so it is important to choose the right blade.
ALLES CNC has summarized the causes and solutions of blade chipping. Let's learn the collection quickly.
1. Tool geometry parameters are not properly selected (such as front and rear angles are too large, etc.).
You can start redesigning the tool from the following aspects.
(1) Appropriately reduce the front and back angles.
(2) Use a large negative edge inclination.
(3) Reduce the lead angle.
(4) Use a large negative chamfer or a cutting edge arc.
(5) Grinding the transition cutting edge to enhance the cutting edge.
2. The blade number and specifications are not properly selected. For example, if the thickness of the blade is too thin or rough, the grade is too hard and too brittle.
Increase the thickness of the blade or stand up the blade, using a grade with high flexural strength and toughness.
3. The welding process of the blade is incorrect, resulting in excessive welding stress or welding cracks.
(1) Avoid the use of a three-sided closed blade groove structure.
(2) Use solder properly.
(3) Avoid the use of oxy-acetylene flame heating welding, and should be insulated after welding to eliminate internal stress.
(4) Change to a mechanically clamped structure as much as possible.
4. The selection of cutting amount is unreasonable. If the dosage is too large, the machine will be boring. When the cutting is interrupted, the cutting speed is too high, the feed rate is too large, and the cutting depth is too small when the blank margin is uneven; cutting high manganese steel, etc. When the material has a high work hardening tendency, the feed amount is too small.
Reselect the amount of cutting.
5. Improper sharpening method, causing grinding stress and grinding crack; the oscillating of the cutter teeth after the sharpening of the milling cutter is too large, so that the individual cutter teeth are overloaded, which will also cause the knife.
(1) Grinding with intermittent grinding or diamond grinding.
(2) Use a softer grinding wheel and often trim to keep the grinding wheel sharp.
(3) Pay attention to the quality of the sharpening and strictly control the amount of the milling cutter teeth.
6. The reason why the bottom surface of the mechanical clamping tool is not flat or the blade protrudes too long.
(1) Trim the bottom surface of the sipe.
(2) Reasonably arrange the position of the cutting fluid nozzle.
(3) The hardened shank adds a cemented carbide gasket under the blade.
7. The cutting fluid flow is insufficient or the filling method is incorrect, causing the blade to heat up and crack.
(1) Increase the flow rate of the cutting fluid.
(2) Arrange the position of the cutting fluid nozzle reasonably.
(3) Improve cooling by using effective cooling methods such as spray cooling.
(4) Cutting is used to reduce the impact on the blade.
8. The process system is too rigid and causes excessive cutting vibration.
(1) Increase the auxiliary support of the workpiece to improve the rigidity of the workpiece.
(2) Reduce the overhang of the tool.
(3) Appropriately reduce the back angle of the tool.
(4) Adopt other vibration suppression measures.
Whatsapp: + 86-15966602397(24 hours online)