ALLES CNC wants to tell you that for carbide tools, if the tool is not installed correctly, it is easy to cause tool breakage, workpiece damage, and even machine tool damage
Listen to the Engineer in ALLES CNC factory, if the cutter is not installed properly, if it is not vertical to the workpiece or if the cutting edge is higher than the center axis of the workpiece, it will have a great impact on the tool life and cutting effect. If the problem is serious, it may even lead to tool failure and fracture. Therefore, in order to ensure that the cutter is not installed properly, the cutting edge is higher than the center axis of the workpiece. Users should follow a basic installation principle for tool cutting effect. Here is ALLES CNC to explain the basic principles of CNC tool installation.
1. Clean and clean the locking part. Install the cutting tool on the hexagonal brick tower. Measure the tool deviation with the measuring tool indicator, and ensure that the deviation does not exceed 1 mm.
2. Check the chips generated to determine whether the tool is installed vertically. If the chips are filamentary to one side, then the installation of the tool is problematic. If the corner of the cutting tool is worn out in advance, it means that the blade is installed incorrectly, and one side of the blade bears more pressure than the other.
3. Because of the vulnerability of the tool itself, slight tool collision will cause tool deviation. Therefore, after installation, the cutting conditions of tools should be checked frequently, which is helpful to identify and prevent tool failure.
4. When installing cutting tools, one of the main considerations is the position of cutting edge and workpiece axis. If the blade is installed incorrectly, it will cause a series of problems, such as rapid tool wear, tool failure, poor cutting effect and so on. Because it is difficult to find out the actual situation of cutting edge, these problems will continue to deteriorate, and these phenomena occur frequently on some older machine tools. Most cemented carbide blades need to be installed slightly higher than the center axis of the workpiece, which is conducive to ensuring that the blade can be safely and reliably mounted on the tool rod when welding chip breakers.
5. If the blade is installed at a slightly higher position than the center, the tangential force will act on a larger blade area during cutting, which will increase the strength of the tool and make the blade firmly fixed in the slot.
6. When the installation position of the blade is lower than the center line, the most serious consequence is that the blade is pulled out. When the blade touches the integral bar, the rotation of the workpiece will pull the blade out of the slot; when the residual burrs on the workpiece accumulate on the cutting edge, the workpiece will continue to rotate, then the blade will be pulled out of the slot.
When this situation is not detected and prevented in time, it will cause the tool holder to be damaged while continuing processing, and may also cause the machine tool and workpiece to be damaged at the same time. Even if the lucky blade is not pulled out of the clip, the burr on the top of the cutting edge will cause damage to the tool.
7. The combination of blade and blade should aim at discharging scraps smoothly. If the scrap accumulates and enters the groove before the workpiece is cut off, the blade will most likely cut the scrap again. If the scrap and blade produce severe friction, it will generate a lot of heat, resulting in excessive fatigue and accelerated failure.
For the blade, its geometric size and clamp type have an effect on the center height. The following formula is very useful for determining the maximum center height of a blade whose width is more than 0.5mm: the center height = 0.8mm x width + 0.025mm.
8. When cutting operations are carried out, it is necessary to ensure that the position of cutting edge installation is slightly higher than the center height. For those who use high-speed steel cutters, their experience is that these props are better below the center height. However, with the development of science and technology, working below the center height will make the cutting operation more difficult.
Want to know more? So pay more attention to ALLES CNC!
More details: https://www.allescncmachine.com/
Whatsapp: + 86-15966602397(24 hours online)